When you place a loved one in the care of a nursing home, you expect that their needs will be met and that they be cared for. Unfortunately, negligence and outright abuse in nursing homes are all too common. Although many state and federal regulations have been established to protect the elderly in these settings, gross violations occur every single day, tragically compromising the health, well-being and dignity of some of our society's most vulnerable members.
WHAT TYPES OF NURSING HOME CASES DO WE HANDLE?
Nursing home abuse and negligence comes in many different forms. We represent injured nursing home residents and the families of those wrongfully killed in cases involving:
- Bed Sores, Pressure Sores, Decubitus Ulcers
- Clogged Breathing Tubes
- Malnutrition and Dehydration
- Medication Errors
- Physical or Chemical Restraints
- Physical or Sexual Assault or Abuse
- Wandering and Elopement
- Wrongful Death
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF NURSING HOME NEGLECT?
Common warning signs of nursing home abuse or negligence:
- Rapid weight loss
- Unexplained bruises or other injuries
- Sudden agitation or emotional withdrawal
- Bed sore development
- The substitution of heavy medication or sedatives for supervision
- The inability of a caretaker to sufficiently explain the patient's condition
WE CAN HELP
If you believe that a loved one may be the victim of nursing home neglect or abuse you should take action quickly and contact us online or call us at 877-460-0248 to set up a free consultation. One of our attorneys will be happy to discuss your legal options with you, and you will never pay fees unless we successfully resolve your case.